Our Commitment to Security
Your Trusted Partner in Security, Privacy, and Regulatory Compliance
At Payment Brokers, we understand the paramount importance of security, privacy, and regulatory compliance. While credit card processing statements do not contain sensitive information, we remain steadfast in our commitment to safeguarding your data and trust.
Despite not being bound by industry-specific regulations, Payment Brokers goes above and beyond to set new standards for security and privacy. Our dedication to these core principles is exemplified through our choice of encryption technology, stringent data handling practices and employment integrity practices.
- Encryption Technology: Our systems operate on Amazon Web Services (AWS), ensuring that all data is encrypted when stored, a practice known as “encryption at rest.” AWS is renowned for its robust security measures, and you can find detailed insights into their data encryption practices in their documentation.
- Secure Data Storage: We anchor our data storage and backup solutions on Box.com, an industry leader known for its regulatory compliance and security measures. To learn more about their security and compliance practices https://www.box.com/trust.
- Data Handling: Payment Brokers strictly adheres to a comprehensive data handling policy. After processing, we do not retain or store any sensitive information.
- Team Integrity: Payment Brokers employees undergo a comprehensive background checks by Checkr, a 3rd party background check and pre-employment screening service. Employees are also equipped with company issued devices using the latest antivirus and monitored by ActivTrak to maintain the highest standards of trust and security.
- Non-Disclosure & MNPI: We treat all information under non-disclosure terms, ensuring that your data is protected, information is never shared or sold, or used by any third party. In addition, we also treat all staff as covered person(s) for any material non-public information, such as revenue, for Insider Trading Policies.
- The US Department of Health and Human Services (HSS.gov) has stated that credit card processing does not fall within the scope of HIPAA as no health record information is being stored – only card payment information and collecting payments is excluded explicitly from HIPAA mandates. No card holder, bank account, or other material information is shown on credit card processing statements. See 45 CFR 164.502(e), 164.504(e), 164.532(d) and (e) https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/business-associates/index.html
At Payment Brokers, security, privacy, and regulatory compliance are not just checkboxes; they are at the core of our operations. You can trust us to handle your sensitive data with the utmost care and diligence, allowing you to focus on growing your business with confidence.
Have more questions about security, privacy or regulatory compliance email secure @paymentbrokers.com